2013 was a huge year in beauty and pop culture. As we look back, here are some of our favorite things and events. We can’t wait to see what 2014 has in store!
- Pantone Color of the Year: Emerald. This flattering jewel tone was dubbed color of the year and was seen everywhere from eyeliners to accessories on street style stars and red carpets alike.
- Beyonce’s CD: Queen Bey dropped an entire album on iTunes and 17 music videos with absolutely no advance marketing or publicity! Who run the world? Beyonce.
- Jennifer Lopez’s Golden Globes 2013 lace Zuhair Murad gown. JLO always look stunning but this look took our breath away!
- “Selfie” and “twerk” were added to Oxford Dictionary. Because it was 2013.
- Ja’ime Private School Girl: Chris Lilley is back in this hilarious “mockumentray”. Follow Summer Heights High star Ja’ime (pronounced Jah-may) through her life as the “It Girl” in her Australian private girls grammar school. So Quiche.
- The long bob became the hottest cut for Hollywood’s brightest stars. Karlie Kloss, Julianne Hough, Beyonce and Jennifer Lawrence all traded their luscious locks for face-framing bobs.
What were your favorite events or things from 2013??
1/16: 10 ways to feel better in 2014!
1/23: CHIC Beauty Icon