Festival season is finally upon us! Coachella is home to plenty of mesmerizing, fun beauty inspiration and the more out-of-the-box, the better. Ditch the floral crowns and flash tattoos– these are the trends that you’ll be seeing a lot this weekend!
From hair to eyelids and to lips– glitter will be found on all festival beauties this weekend! It’s the perfect finish to glisten in the desert night.
Let’s be honest, ringing in the New Year can be a little stressful! Not only do you have to find the perfect New Year’s kiss, but also finding the perfect New Year’s Eve outfit is a must! We’re talking an outfit that takes the best of 2013 trends whilealso looking forward to what’s to come in 2014. We’ve rounded up 3 of our favorite, NYE-worthy looksthat will keep you confident and stylish as we enter a new year!
What girl doesn’t want to sparkle extra bright on New Year’s Eve? Take a cue from Ms. Swift and break out that sequined mini for an “all-eyes-on-you” look. Pair it with super strappy metallic heels to make legs look extra long!
One recent trend we can’t get enough of is the open back dress. Do sexy in a way that is subtle and unique but with major impact like Victoria’s Secret supermodel Doutzen Kroes. Once you find the perfect dress, practice the perfect pose!
It doesn’t get much more chic thanan elegant but edgy jumpsuit. Choose an option with a plunging neckline or a bold color. We love it paired with a statement earring, like Carrie Underwood for an ensemble that’s one part sophisticated, one part “here for the party”!
The latest beauty trend?Heavy metal! Not the rock and roll kind, rather bold metallic makeup in shades of silver, gold, bronze and even pops of bright colorsfor the most daring. Major makeup artists like Peter Philips for Chanel and Pat McGrath for Versaceare embracing this trend on the runway as well as Hollywood’s hottest stars on the red carpet. Whether you choose a subtle shine or all out glitz, metallics pop on every skin tone!
Nothing says ROCKSTAR like the sparkle and shine of glitter! In honor of our upcoming CHICSTUDIOS Open House on “Rockstar Makeup,” below are tips and tricks to help optimize the use of GLITTER in both your makeup kit and wardrobe!
• To make the notoriously flaky glitter adhere, it is best to start with an eyelid primer, like TOO FACED’sShadow Insurance Glitter Glue Glitter Bonding Eye Shadow Primer.
• For a quick, at-home solution, carefully apply PETROLEUM JELLY using a small brush or Q-tip, apply GLITTER, then let air dry. A LIGHT MOISTURIZER can also work if you prefer.
• When applying glitter with a brush, your best option is a FLAT, FIRM BRUSH without a lot of fluff. Completely avoid sweeping glitter across the lids, as it will result in fall out.
• If applying glitter to your lips, a very thin layer of CONCEALER or FOUNDATION on your lips is needed to set the base for the glitter.
• When adding glitz to your everyday ensemble, it’s best to approach it BALANCED — wearing all solids? Grab a GLITZY CLUTCH.
• Adorning a hot glitter dress? Pair it with a simple NUDE OR BLACK PUMP and let your dress do the talking!
• Glittery accessories will certainly glimmer, but too much of a good thing can be…well, too much! Instead of piling on the sparkling accents, add one chunky glittery NECKLACE, a shining glitter RING, or striking glittering EARRINGS to finish your outfit!
• We’ve all bought that glitter accessory or clothing piece that just rains glitter! Although we can’t hate leaving a trail of SPARKLE behind us, prevent this from happening to your favorite shiny frocks by investing in a fabric glue like ALEENE’sFabric Glitter & Gem Glue. Just apply to glittered sections for a lasting shimmer.